Published on December 5th, 2017 | by The Local Staff0
14 questions with Davids Performance Factory
- What type of facility do you run? What is David’s Performance Factory in a nutshell?
David’s Performance Factory is the only strength and conditioning facility for student athletes in the Wiregrass. I specialize in safe, fun, effective sport and athlete specific training for all ages and ability levels. My approach maximizes performance and minimizes injury risk. Student athletes learn safe and age appropriate resistance training, conditioning and movement fundamentals designed to increase speed, strength, power and mobility.
- Are you partial to one style of athletics in one particular sport, or does the services you offer advantages to all athletes in general?
My services are offered to all ages and for all sports.
- What types of services do you offer?
I offer group classes for pee-wee, youth and teens, and I offer group specific classes for all sports such as softball, volleyball, etc. I also offer semi-private lessons for small groups and one-on-one private lessons.
- How many years have you been in operation?
11 months so far.
- What is your resume? Did you play college athletics? Please give me a little background story about where you are from and how you got to Dothan.
I was born in Detroit, Michigan. Growing up, I was what you called a trophy kid, meaning I went from season to season playing different sports. My senior year in high school I earned a football athletic scholarship and went on to play at Northwest Missouri State University. From there I earned the opportunity to be an NFL free agent and had a opportunity with the Chicago Bears. After my time with the Bears, I went back to school and earned a degree in Kinesiology. My arrival in Dothan was suppose to be short and sweet, as I took a wellness coordinator position to fulfill my degree requirements, but I saw a need for childhood development in the community. So, I started my route to open DPF.
- Have you had any students successfully sign with any professional sports teams, colleges, etc.?
Yes, my first 5 months in business we had four student-athletes sign athletic scholarships to go on and play the sports they love at the collegiate level. Just recently, Jordan Hollis from Providence Christian School signed a volleyball scholarship Wallace State Community College in Hanceville
- Why is Dothan a great place to run this type of business?
Because it’s a great community filled with wonderful families.
- What makes David’s Performance Factory different than other facilities in the area?
Our services are dedicated to developing youth and young adults.
- As far as memberships go, is there a contract involved? Pay by the month? Per visit?
I stay away from locking people in; my clients come back because they love it. All our classes are paid on a month-to-month basis.
- How long to classes typically last and how often do you meet?
Typically they range from thirty minutes to an hour and a half.
- Where is your company located?
- Do you have a website, and are you on social media?
Yes, our website is located at DavidSPF.com, and we also have Instagram and Facebook profiles.
- Do you need to be at a specific athleticism to start classes, or are all levels accepted?
No, I started my company off by helping couch potatoes and it has grown into encouraging kids to be more athletic. So, I accept my athletes as they are, and I fix the rest.
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
The fact that I get to be the person I needed when I was younger, and knowing I’m making an impact in the lives of so many in the community.