Published on December 5th, 2017 | by The Local0
My Christmas Wish List (Tim, please read!)
So, I always have thought that the best gifts were the ones that you wanted. I mean…what says “I love You” more than purchasing for you what I really wanted and now can’t have because I gave it to you? Nothing! That being said, here’s a list of the things that I absolutely want for Christmas this year.
- I work at a Spa but nobody ever tells you in spa school that you will never again get any services done. Imagine being surrounded by the best in the business and you have to make an appointment to get a massage from your co-worker. Especially when you look at them with that “but my neck really really hurts”, or “please put my makeup on”, or “please please please give me a facial” and they roll their eyes and walk away. Gift numero uno for Christmas is a Spa Package. Yeah, and I want the whole thing. Massage, Facial, Mani, Pedi, Shampoo and a Blow out!! Buy the gift of relaxation for somebody and you will never go wrong. Never.
- Use your eyeballs. Look around your bathroom counter, bathtub edges and shelves in the shower. If you see a product that is still being used after the tube has been half squeezed to death or there is something sticking out of the jar because they are trying to scrape to the very bottom, replace it. Buy them their favorite products. More often than not it’s a little expensive and they won’t buy it for themselves during Christmas because they are too busy being thoughtful and buying you something you want.
- Does your significant other work out? Have they been wearing the same sports bra, leggings or shorts forever and you can smell them coming up the driveway in their car with the windows up after a workout? It’s time for some new gym wear. A lot of times this is something that we don’t want to buy for ourselves because we can’t justify the expense of buying new workout clothes when all you do is sweat and suffer in them…..all the while envying every cool new pair of Nike, Lululemon or Reebok in sight!! Gift workout wear. If you don’t know exactly what they like, buy something simple like a water bottle and throw in a gift certificate for the store of their choice. Advice – Do not just buy gift certificates. We won’t have anything to play with on Christmas morning and that is not fun.
- Give a gift that keeps giving and giving all year long. After Christmas when the newness has worn off and you become a jerk again…..there will be a box that arrives that will save you EVERY MONTH! There a gazillion. Do your research. For example, I have been pining over FabFitFun boxes….I hope Tim is reading this, I really do. There are boxes for the product junkies… like Ipsy or Birchbox. There is Le Tote, which I have tried and tested, and it is pretty cool. You pay, let’s say $25 a month, and you get to wear the clothes you picked out that they send you for as long as you want. If you don’t want them anymore you put it back in the box and send it back or you buy it and keep it forever. Up to you. There are boxes for yogis, chefs, hunters, you name it. I want one. It’s listed above.
- Last of all, (this one won’t cost you a dime but will get you the MOST points on Christmas morning) write a letter to your daughter, mother, wife, girlfriend or partner and tell them how beautiful you think they are. And not because they are pretty on the outside, but because of how they make you feel and how they make others feel. Everybody no matter the gender should know just how beautiful they are no matter what. It is life.
“It came without tags. It came without boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ‘till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. “ The Grinch Dr. Seuss
Merry Christmas to you and to yours. May your days be Merry and your nights be Bright. Much love from my family to yours!
Rituals Day Spa